August 11th, 2014 0 Comments
Bathroom remodeling has the highest return on investment among home improvement projects. Altering your shower area not only adds value to your house, it also adds comfort, functionality and relaxation. Whether you are doing a minor or major bathroom remodeling, there are key factors to consider before starting a bathroom renovation project:
- Allocate a budgetIn any remodeling project, it is essential to set a limit for how much you can spend. In addition, you need to set a budge aside for the unexpected. The reason is simply to finish the job before you run out of money.
- Adequate SpaceYour dream bathroom may require additional space. The design of your shower area might be influenced significantly by the available space you have. Hence, you should make sure there is sufficient space for the desired design. For instance, if the storage is vital to functionality of your bathroom then you should consider revolving shelves or under counter tip-out tray systems.
- Lighting SystemBathroom require plenty of light since it is the main spot for perfection tasks such shaving and putting on makeup. Lighting has a major effect on the way your space will look. Different lighting fixtures provide different type of lighting for your space. Moreover, the height at which the lighting fixture is installed matters. As a result, you should take your time selecting the right fixture for the right location. Shifting the location of your fixture after it’s installed could be costly due to wire accessibility, patching and painting the holes.
- Tile and Counter SelectionYou should always remember tile look different under different lighting condition. Tiles and counter at showrooms may look different when installed in your space. You should get several samples that you like, place them in your shower area and play with different tile and counter options. Furthermore, the wall color may influence the color of the tile or counter to your eyes.
- AccessoriesAccessories play a key role in bathroom remodeling. Certain accessories could be integrated to the project to harmonize with the rest of the bathroom design. Accessories such as paintings, picture frames and candles could bring out an attractive design.Home Platinum Services can handle any size bathroom remodeling project, connect with us on Google+, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz or you can Call Us at 214-773-8540